Tajikistan confirms first coronavirus cases
Tajikistan has confirmed its first 15 coronavirus cases, the Health Ministry of the country said Thursday.
Tajikistan was one of few countries in the world “virus-free” to date.
According to the ministry, five cases have been confirmed in Dushanbe and 10 in the Sughd province that borders Uzbekistan.
The republic closed its borders last month and took some steps to curb large social gatherings, but has generally been less stringent about social distancing in the absence of confirmed cases.
Almost 11,000 people have been quarantined over the last three months and 8,438 have already been discharged, the government said in a statement.
Recommended
List of streets and intersections being repaired in Tashkent published
SOCIETY | 19:12 / 16.05.2024
Uzbekistan's flag flies high on Oceania's tallest volcano
SOCIETY | 17:54 / 15.05.2024
New tariffs to be introduced in Tashkent public transport
SOCIETY | 14:55 / 05.05.2023
Onix and Tracker cars withdrawn from sale
BUSINESS | 10:20 / 05.05.2023
Latest news
-
Uzbekistan imports over half a million mobile phones in just two months
SOCIETY | 19:37
-
The story of a student who transformed a container into a learning center in Fergana’s Vodil
SOCIETY | 17:10
-
Oman Air granted permission for regular flights between Muscat and Tashkent
SOCIETY | 16:50
-
Shavkat Mirziyoyev and EBRD President discuss expansion of bilateral investments and projects
POLITICS | 16:33
Related News

19:45 / 31.03.2025
Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan sign landmark border agreement

20:23 / 18.03.2025
Mirziyoyev discusses regional cooperation with presidents of Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, and Kyrgyzstan

21:00 / 13.03.2025
Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan, and Tajikistan to sign landmark border agreement

13:15 / 25.02.2025