Komil Allamjonov: “We are ready to protect the rights of every blogger and journalist”

The head of the Agency for Information and Mass Communications (AIMC) Komil Allamjonov expressed his opinion on his Facebook account about recent events in the field of journalism.
“As you know, the deputy khokim of the Olmazor district of Tashkent Abdurasul Vakhobov, who had previously used violence against Kun.uz editorial group, has been dismissed,” he said.
Komil Allamjonov stated that the Agency is ready to protect the rights of every blogger and journalist.
“In this regard, we reiterate that the AIMC remains committed to protecting the rights of every journalist and blogger,” he said.
It should be recalled that on August 14, Kun.uz employees visited the Olmazor district administration to get comments on an appeal of the LLC Khiva Stroy. During the meeting, the deputy khokim of the Olmazor district Abdurasul Vakhobov demanded not to film him and literally attacked the cameraman.
At the same time, the Tashkent city prosecutor’s office refused to institute criminal proceedings against the deputy khokim of the Olmazor district.
Yesterday, it became known that the prosecutor of the city of Tashkent sent an appeal to the city administration after which, Abdurasul Vakhobov was fired.
The Prosecutor General’s Office ordered the Tashkent city prosecutor’s office to re-examine all details of the incident and re-study the case.
Recommended
List of streets and intersections being repaired in Tashkent published
SOCIETY | 19:12 / 16.05.2024
Uzbekistan's flag flies high on Oceania's tallest volcano
SOCIETY | 17:54 / 15.05.2024
New tariffs to be introduced in Tashkent public transport
SOCIETY | 14:55 / 05.05.2023
Onix and Tracker cars withdrawn from sale
BUSINESS | 10:20 / 05.05.2023
Latest news
-
Uzbekistan’s population reaches 37.7 million: Men slightly outnumber women
POLITICS | 14:06 / 05.04.2025
-
EU commits to long-term cooperation with Central Asia on transport, energy, and innovation
POLITICS | 14:03 / 05.04.2025
-
Investigation closed: Authorities deny torture after man taken for interrogation dies in custody
SOCIETY | 13:10 / 05.04.2025
-
Greenery disappears as road expands: Tree uprooting in Boysun sparks public outcry
SOCIETY | 13:08 / 05.04.2025
Related News

16:13 / 21.02.2025
Supreme Court acquits Komil Allamjonov's aides of all charges

21:11 / 12.02.2025
Komil Allamjonov comments on verdict in assassination attempt case

18:28 / 12.02.2025
Former presidential security service official Shukhrat Rasulov sentenced to 23 years in prison

13:51 / 12.02.2025