Bahrom Almatov: Persons, who have been in contact with a citizen infected with coronavirus, will be isolated
All passengers of the flight, in which the first coronavirus patient arrived in Uzbekistan, will be isolated.

Bahrom Almatov, Director of the Agency for Sanitary and Epidemiological Wellbeing under the Ministry of Health, delivered a video message on the penetration of the coronavirus into Uzbekistan. He said that persons, who had been in contact with the infected citizen, will be isolated.
“On March 14, 4,800 people arrived in the Republic through 38 international flights, 1,860 people – by rail and 38,000 – via border posts. Most of them came from Russia, Kazakhstan and European countries, where the disease was recorded.
In the process of crossing the border, they underwent an initial medical examination, their body temperature was measured.
7,781 citizens, who returned from countries with an unfavorable epidemiological situation, were taken under medical supervision at home. Of these, 5,600 medical observations were accomplished as the latent period of the disease had ended. Today, medical monitoring of the health status of 2,100 citizens continues.
On March 15, at 06:00 in the laboratory of the Institute of Virology, 1 citizen of Uzbekistan, who returned from France, was diagnosed with COVID-19 coronavirus infection.
Currently, epidemiological studies and preventive measures aimed at sropping the spread of the disease are being carried out.
The current situation is not a concern. A complete list of people, who interacted with this patient and the list of passengers arriving from France has been compiled, work is being done to determine their place of residence and establish medical supervision on them. All anti-epidemic measures are being carried out.
People should not panic after this news. The disease occurs in mild form in 80% of cases, moderate severity – in 15% of cases, severe – in only 5% of cases. Cases of severe disease are observed in older people with chronic diseases.
We see that more than 50% of those infected have fully recovered and returned to normal life. Therefore, we ask our citizens not to panic, strictly observe the rules of personal hygiene, keep their homes clean. We always recommend people to use disinfectants and wash their hands after using the public transport,” he said.
If you have additional questions about the situation with the COVID-19 coronavirus infection, you can contact the Agency for Sanitary and Epidemiological Wellbeing under the Ministry of Health at 71 276-49-66.
Recommended
List of streets and intersections being repaired in Tashkent published
SOCIETY | 19:12 / 16.05.2024
Uzbekistan's flag flies high on Oceania's tallest volcano
SOCIETY | 17:54 / 15.05.2024
New tariffs to be introduced in Tashkent public transport
SOCIETY | 14:55 / 05.05.2023
Onix and Tracker cars withdrawn from sale
BUSINESS | 10:20 / 05.05.2023
Latest news
-
SF Airlines launches cargo flights from Lanzhou to Tashkent
SOCIETY | 19:19 / 02.04.2025
-
Uzbekistan sees 20% increase in budget revenue in Q1 2025
SOCIETY | 19:17 / 02.04.2025
-
Namangan regional court judge releases repeat offender convicted of running a brothel
SOCIETY | 18:53 / 02.04.2025
-
Over 303 billion UZS for pensions and 500 billion UZS for social allowances: March social protection payments revealed
SOCIETY | 16:12 / 02.04.2025
Related News

08:35 / 19.09.2023
SanEpid Committee denies rumors about emergence of new strain of “pirola” coronavirus in Uzbekistan

14:52 / 09.01.2023
Ministry of Health refutes rumors about rise of COVID-19 cases among children

19:01 / 02.12.2022
Health Ministry provides info about dominance of omicron strain in Uzbekistan and its symptoms

13:18 / 02.12.2022